Thursday, May 1, 2014

blog #4


1. I will treat children and youth with respect and sensitivity to their needs and rights as developing persons.

          I as an intern at the children’s learning center of Hackensack have to respect the children and treat them as children with constant respect daily. I help them with delicate care to get them through their daily needs that will help them develop and grow into older adults.

2. I will strive to understand children and youth in the context of their families.

          This is one of my favorite principles because I can relate to is very much. This is the exact reason I choose to intern at the children’s center in the first place. This principle allows me to understand children developmentally grow through how they interact, play, sleep, etc. To become a Pediatric Occupational Therapist I must understand how children grow to give them the right care.


            These principles are especially important because as an intern at the children’s learning center I will have to respect every child and treat them with special care and understand their specific needs so I can assist them and help them grow positively. Working with Children requires delicate care and patients; this is the first step into working and helping children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment