Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blog #1



1) Please tell us about yourself. For example what is the funniest thing that ever happened to you or what about your makes you interesting?

          Hey, my name is Kadijah; my friends call me JiJi for short. Some hobbies that I enjoy are, running, working out, and hanging out with friends and family. One interesting thing about me is that I can speak three languages. I speak Arabic, English, and Spanish. This is beneficial for me since I will be working with diverse families in work force.  I am graduating this May 2014, as you may know, and I am super excited to get my career on the road. I love helping children and families, and I want to continue working with children and families that are in need in the near future. I have always worked with children since high school; whether I volunteered or had a paying job. I hope to continue working and being successful doing what I love.


2) Please tell us your concentration. Why did you choose this concentration?
         
           I am a Family Services concentration. I choose this concentration because I want to get my Masters in Pediatric Occupational Therapy. Occupational Therapy falls under Family Services so this will allow me to get a head start towards my future plans after graduation.

3) What is the name of your internship site and what is your position?

          I am Interning at The Children’s Learning Center in Hackensack. I don’t have a solid position, but I will be floating and learning about all aspects of the center (managing, shadowing, and being in classrooms).

4) What are your current career or graduate school plans? Or tell us if you plan to marry rich or travel the world!

          I plan on getting my masters in Pediatric Occupational Therapy.  hopefully after graduation! I might take a year off and get back on my school grind or get right into it in September 2014.

5) Also, tell us about your family - for example - are your parents married or not, do you live with them, do you have siblings, pets etc? What is an activity you like to share with your family? etc.

          My mother and father have been divorced for about six years now. Honestly, I don’t have a good relationship with my dad, so I am enjoying life now with my mom. I only have one sister. We are a year and 6 months apart, so we have a strong bond. My mother basically raised me on her own, along with my younger sister, so we are all extremely close. I love my small family. I couldn’t have asked for a better mom or sister. We love watching movies, going out, and enjoying each other’s company.

6) Please also write about 1 or 2 topics on the syllabus that interest you and WHY.

One topic that caught my eye was talking about working with diverse families. I especially will enjoy this topic because I will work with diverse families with my future plans and work with diverse families now. So I am pretty familiar with this topic, but not completely. Another topic that I found interesting is the guest speakers that will be coming in that are already in our work field. I will love to learn everything I don’t know and about t what I can maybe experience in my career choice. I find this very helpful for us students that are graduating and will soon be job seeking with families and children.

7) Last tell me what you think about wikis - or what you learned from the video.

Honestly, It’ s taking me a while to get used to. I was confused about linking wiki to my blog. Other then that the work load posted on wiki is fair. It’s a structure I am not familiar with, so I guess that is why it took me some time to get a hang of.  I learned how to upload, edit, and save my work from the wiki video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment